Holiday time is snack time. But snacks can get really expensive – especially if you’re having family and friends over to watch sports. So, here’s how to impress your friends and family by making your own ask-for-more meatballs. This fail-safe recipe will make a ton of cocktail-sized meatballs that can be served hot or cold.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 kg of beef mince
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1-2 finely crushed and chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of Hellmann’s mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 scrambled egg
- 4 slices of brown bread broken into pieces and soaked in a little milk
For the most important part – to turn it into a real feast, this delicious dipping sauce is a must!
- 6 generous tablespoons of Hellmann’s Original mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons of tomato sauce
- 2 – 3 drops of Tobasco sauce if desired
How easy is this:
- Pour off and squeeze out any excess milk from the bread
- Place all the ingredients together in a mixing bowl
- Use your hands to mix all ingredients together
- Form cocktail sized balls.
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 180°C for approximately 30 minutes
(If you are preparing the mixture ahead of time, leave out the tomato and Worcestershire sauce and only add to mixture just before cooking).
Cooking time will vary depending on size and whether you prefer the meatballs medium or well done.
Garnish with a few tomato slices and some gherkins. Tarah!
For an uber yummy variation on the theme try this:
Add two teaspoons of your favourite curry powder to the dipping sauce. Or be daring and serve two dipping options. Dip deep and tuck in already!
For more inspiration, check out our delicious Hellmann’s recipes section.