We must give credit to the man who brought us the world’s favourite mayonnaise. Richard Hellmann! Thanks to him, we’ve discovered some weird and wonderful things. It may have all started with a dream for the world’s most delicious Mayonnaise. But for whatever the reason, we’re glad it happened!
It all started in mid-1905 when Richard Hellmann began selling his readymade mayonnaise from his deli, which became an instant hit. Because of this, there are loads of fabulous mayo-related ventures that would not have existed without him. Because of Richard Hellmann we have an awesome range of extraordinary things to be thankful for and we’d like to say…
- Thanks Richard Hellmann for making veggies cool. If you’re a parent then you know all about how difficult it can be to get kids to eat their veggies. It’s either too bland or too ‘yucky’ for them. However, a generous helping of Hellmann’s mayonnaise always does the trick. Adding it to your Pasta Salad with Roasted Vegetables is sure to make kids fall in love with veggies.
- Thanks Richard Hellmann for high quality mayonnaise. Seriously though. South Africa’s top chefs recommend Hellmann’s as a great binding agent in salads and it doesn’t leave burgers soggy. You really don’t need to add anything else because Hellmann’s mayo adds yummy flavour to any meal. Need we say more?
- Thanks Richard Hellmann for making mayonnaise and brownies our ‘thing.’ Let’s face it, mayonnaise in brownies is a game changer. If you haven’t discovered this yet then you’re missing out and need to get on this bandwagon, quick. If you’d like to wow your guests even more or indulge in a truly delicious experience, try our super - moist chocolate cake recipe.
- Thanks Richard Hellmann for the Ultimate Juicy Burger the Mr Sunnyside Up Burger. We don’t mean to brag but we definitely put the “juicy” in the burger. After creating a Hellmann’s burger recipe for loved ones, be prepared to be the designated burgermeister whenever there’s a party.
- Thanks Richard Hellman for letting us see the beauty of carrots and mashed potato. Yes, really! Thanks to him, we’ve experimented with good food over the years and we think this recipe is a winner. Finely sliced carrots that are mashed with potato is one of our glorious creations for the perfect side dish.
So, to the man who started it all we say thank you – because there is no mayo like a Hellmann’s mayo and certainly no burger like a Hellmann’s one. For more delicious Hellmann’s recipes, click the link here.