Gourmet burgers are all the rage at the moment and who can resist these delicious monstrosities, especially when it’s dripping with a delicious sauce and paired with Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise.
So if you’re a lover of good food and the ultimate fan of Guy Fieri then you’re probably as excited as we are that he opened the Guy Fieri Kitchen + Bar in Menlyn Maine, Pretoria. The restaurant boasts a number of his signature burgers on the menu such as the bacon mac and cheese and burger, amongst others.
You may be thinking, “Great! A burger and fries is exactly what I need right now.” We think so too, with a few exceptions of course. What about trying a new side with your burger to take it to the next level? It’s time to ditch the chips and try something entirely different to take your American foodie experience to the next level. Let’s be honest, if you’re going large and trying something as heavenly as an Ultimate Juicy Burger, why not try something other than fries to complete your meal to make it exceptional.
Here are 10 uncommon burger sides any foodie will appreciate:
- Stuffed avocado. If you love meat as much as we do, chances are…you’ve stuffed a chicken or turkey before, but these aren’t the only foods that can be stuffed because veggies can be too, especially avocados. Get creative and add your own stuffing to avocados, from cream cheese and shredded chicken to smoked salmon and egg. You’ll never look at avocados the same way again!
- Grilled asparagus. Asparagus is well-known for being loaded with nutrients and is a great brain booster. Need we say more? Season them as you wish.
- Stuffed baked sweet potato with goat’s cheese. Because baking sweet potato is simply not enough. You can find the delicious recipe here.
- Fried pickles. If you’re a pickle-person, try eating them fried, they are amazing especially when they’re deliciously crispy. Dip them in the Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise and you’ll soon be chewing your lips off!
- Chicken fries. Not every sentence that contains the word fries means it comes from a potato. Chicken fries are simply chicken nuggets that are cut into the shape of fries.
- Stuffed peppers. You should know by the amount of stuffed foods we mention in this article that we like to stuff things. After removing the seeds, add whichever stuffing you prefer. You could add ground beef or if you’re a vegetarian, simply add cooked rice and cheese.
- Deep-fried guacamole dip. When food is deep fried it either tastes really good, or REALLY good. Simply take dollops of guacamole, mix them with crushed tortilla chips and coat them in breadcrumbs before deep-frying. Your guests will surely thank you for this.
- Mini carrot and courgette rostis. Sometimes having a salad with your burger is just a little too over-rated. Not only are these carrot and courgette rostis vegetarian friendly, they’re easy to make and can be ready in less than 5 minutes!
- Mozzarella sticks. These are great as a finger-food snack or even as a side for your burger. They’ll taste even better when dipped in Hellmann’s Light Reduced Oil Mayonnaise.
- Glazed carrots. If you can’t make up your mind about whether you feel for a sweet or savoury side with your burger, why not have both? Glazed carrots are a perfect sweet and savoury combination.
It’s okay not to go-with-the-flow especially when you’re tired of eating French fries with your hamburger all the time. Surprise your loved ones or even yourself and add these sides to your next hamburger meal.