Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 3 Large Carrots, grated
- 200 ml of Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 175 g of Self-Rising Flour
- 115 g of Cake Flour, sieved
- 1 tsp. (5 ml) of Bicarbonate of Soda
- 350 g of Caster Sugar
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 50 g of Walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp. (10 ml) of Robertsons cinnamon
- 175 g of Cream Cheese
- Zest of Half of a Lemon
- 2 Tbsp. (30 ml) of Icing Sugar (to taste)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C for 50 to 60 minutes.
- Place all of the cake ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat together until well mixed.
- Spoon into a greased and lined 22 cm round cake tin and bake in the oven for 35 mins, or until the cake is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, let it sit in the tin for 10 minutes, and then leave it to cool on a wire tray.
- Mix all of the icing ingredients together and spread it over the cold cake.
Click the link for more delicious Hellmann’s recipes.