Serves: 8-10 slices
Prep Time: 35 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 280 g of Cake Flour
- 55 g of Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tbsp. (15 ml) of Baking Powder
- 3 Large Eggs
- 280 g of Caster Sugar
- 225 ml of Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise
- 150 ml of Whipped Cream
- 115 g of Plain Chocolate
- Lightly grease and line the base of two 23 cm sandwich tins with baking paper.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder into a bowl.
- Place the eggs, vanilla and caster sugar into another bowl and, using an electric whisk, whisk for two to three minutes until creamy and smooth.
- Using a plastic spatula, add Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise and blend it until even.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and 200 ml of cold water, folding in gently between each addition until all the ingredients have all been included.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared tins and bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the centre of each cake springs back when gently pressed.
- Leave to cool in the tins for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges, turn out and cool on a wire rack.
- Spread 2/3 of the whipped cream on top of the first cake and cover with the second cake.
- Mix the melted chocolate with the mayonnaise and the rest of whipped cream until well blended and spread evenly over the top of the cake.
- Decorate with the remaining cream and chocolate curls.
Click the link for more delicious Hellmann’s recipes.