Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 40g of Cake Flour
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of Baking Powder
- 25g of Cocoa Powder
- 140g of Plain Chocolate
- 3 Medium Eggs
- 225g of Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp. (5ml) of Vanilla Extract
- 120ml of Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 55g of Walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- Lightly grease a 23 cm square cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and cocoa.
- Put the chocolate into a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of hot water and leave until melted (alternatively, microwave on medium power, stirring occasionally, until just melted).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and vanilla until slightly thickened.
- Whisk in the chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the flour mixture, Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise and finely chopped walnuts.
- Pour into the prepared tin and bake in a pre-heated oven at 160°C for about 35-45 minutes.
- Leave to cool in the tin before cutting into squares.
For more delicious Hellmann’s recipes, click here.