Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
- 450 g of Lean Mince Meat
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Stick of Celery, finely chopped
- 1 Large Carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 675 g of Potatoes
- 5 tsp. (25ml) of Low Fat Milk
- 4 Tbsp. (60ml) of Hellmann's Original Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. (30ml) of Tomato Purée
- 300 ml of Knorr Beef Stock
- 1 Tbsp. (15ml) of Cake Flour
- Dry fry the mince in a large saucepan until brown, then add the onion, celery and carrot, and continue to cook for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes, and when cooked, mash them up.
- Add the milk and Hellmann’s Original Mayonnaise.
- Add the tomato purée and stock into the mince, and bring to boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook, whilst stirring for two to three minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spoon the mince into a shallow ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato.
- Brown under a hot grill until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
- Serve with a tasty side salad.
For more delicious Hellmann’s recipes, click here.